Monday 23 February 2009

Jade Goody

So Jade Goody and her boyfriend Jack got married yesterday, it is just a shame that unlike many young couples who tie the knot, this unity will not be a long one. Whatever you think of Jade – and before her diagnosis I can't say I was particularly fond of her – you cannot help but feel for the family she will be leaving behind. Her two sons are just 5 and 4 years old so not only does she have to prepare herself but those two young lads for a life without mummy. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache they're going through and I hope I never understand pain like that but it does make you think. She's only 27 the same age as me and a lot of my friends who are around their late 20's simply haven't bothered to have a smear test but this has been a wakeup call for us and I hope it will be for everyone. Fair enough, having a smear isn't the nicest way to spend your time but the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Now that the wedding is over and a lot of money has been made from magazine and tv deals for the boys, I hope she will spend the precious time she has left with her family and not with a tv camera.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I had no idea who she was before reading a tabloid story on her wedding, but it's such a tragic ending for someone so young. And it breaks my heart to see the two little boys she will leave behind.