Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Health Scare part II

Those of you who know me personally, are aware of the state of my health right now. For those who don't and to cut a long story short, I suffered a small heart attack back in May and I had not been diagnosed or experienced any heart problems before this.
Last night while sitting done watching tv, I quickly became dizzy, my heart was racing, I was sweating profusely while feeling cold and clammy to the touch and my arms felt like lead. With my mam having very high blood pressue, we have a machine in the house to read it. At 8:20pm my bp was 176/98 and my pulse was 110. We took it again at 9 o'clock after I'd been resting and it had gone to 176/156 with a pulse rate of 122. Argh! As I wasn't having any trouble breathing or any of the other symptoms associated with a heart attack, I rang the out of hours doctor and was told that a triage nurse would ring me back shortly. An hour later (my stress levels through the roof by now) she finally rang me back. After going through everything, she didn't seem concerned enough for me to go to the hospital (which is 30 minutes away) and told me to ring the doctors surgery first thing the next morning and arrange to see someone and rest until then.
8:00am this morning I phoned my doctors, a triage nurse then phoned me back and I went through everything again with her and was told to go in for a 9:10am appointment. There's me sitting in my pyjamas, not showered and looking a complete state and I had 30 minutes to get out the door lol Thankfully though, I was feeling much better just extremely tired. I saw a lovely young doctor (wink, wink!) who was very thorough and really wants to get to the bottom of this... not like the last doctor who made me feel as if I was wasting his time. There are so many possibilities as to what's causing all this, so I have another appointment for loads of blood tests next Tuesday - not sure if I will have any blood left by the time they've finished testing! - and I have to do a 24 hour urine sample. Now if anyone has had one of these, let me know... right now I'm imaging them giving me a huge gallon container to pee into... which reminds me, I best sort out a sheet because there is no way that I am walking into a packed surgery with a huge bottle of pee under my arm lmao
So that's been my last 24 hours, hopefully this time next month I will have a definite answer to my health issues and be working towards curing or controlling whatever it is. Wish me luck!
Dee xx

Btw... for the digi scrappers out there, I have some 12x12 300ppi quick pages from my Americana and my new kit that hasn't been released yet, ready. Providing that nothing else happens, I will be posting these later tonight.
Enjoy your Wednesdays!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I am praying so hard for you. You've brought so much happiness and joy into my life friendship wise and I cannot imagine what I would do without you. Just having lost the close touch we used to have has been hard. But those damn doctors had better get their heads straight. Blood pressure of those levels is NOT normal! You are in my heart always!! Love you sweetie!